The next day Mr. Reynolds called me to the front of the class and asked me to read my story for the other students. He handed me my paper and sat down in the back of the room. The class became quiet as I began to read my story:
第二天,雷诺兹先生让我到讲台上把我的作文念给全班同学听。他把我的文章递给我,坐到了教室的后面。教室非常安静。我开始朗读自己编写的故事。
Mommie, Daddy...Why?
《妈妈,爸爸……为什么?》
Mommie, why are the roses red?
妈妈,为什么玫瑰是红的?
Mommie, why is the grass green and the sky blue?
妈妈,为什么草是青的,天是蓝的?
Why does a spider have a web and not a house?
为什么蜘蛛织网不造房?
Daddy, why can’t I play in your toolbox?
爸爸,为什么我不能在你的工具箱里玩耍?
Teacher, why do I have to read?
老师,为什么我一定要读书?
Mother, why can’t I wear lipstick to the dance?
妈妈,为什么我不能抹上口红参加舞会?
Daddy, why can’t I stay out until 12:00? The other kids are.
爸爸,为什么我不能在外面玩到中午12点? 别的小孩却可以。
Mother, why do you hate me?
妈妈,你为什么讨厌我?
Daddy, why don’t the boys like me?