8.挺不错的 be hunky-dory
他的女朋友挺不错的,跟谁都合得来。
His girlfriend is hunky-dory, getting on nicely with almost everyone.
9.已经……了 be over
电影已经完了 The film is over.
ANG补一句:Ross有次列 Rachel的缺点单,被Rachel知道了。Rachel说:I am over you! (我不在乎你了!)
10.断断续续be off and on
我断断续续学了12年的英语了。
I have been learning English off and on for 12 years.
11.亏你说得出来 I like that!
你是说男人应该娶几个老婆?亏你说得出来!
Did you say that a man should have several wives? I like that!
ANG个人认为:这句是意译,表达赞同的意思,当表达气愤的时候就不可以咯。
12.闭上嘴 button one’s lip/zip ones lips
闭上嘴!难道你看不出来人家不爱听么?
Zip your lips. Can’t you see they’re annoyed?
13.真的阿 you don’t say
我已经和丽玲结婚了。 Li ling and I are married.
真的阿!你真幸运 。 You don’t say! You are lucky.
14.再合适不过了 suit somebody to a T
这个颜色对你再合适不过了。
This color suits you to a T.
15.让人看不下去an eye-sore
看那两个年轻人在那里又搂又吻的真让人看不下去。
The two young guys’ caressing and spooning there are plain an eye-sore.
16.不能用了 be done for